On the first Saturday of every month from 10 AM - 4 PM, visitors are welcome to experience the LIGO Science Education Center's Science Saturdays. These events are FREE. We offer tours weather permitting and approximately 50 interactive science exhibits. We welcome individuals and small groups.
To attend a Science Saturday, you can now just drop in, OR you can register in advance for a tour time by clicking on the Science Saturday you are interested in (below). Registration is free, and will open in a new window.
Currently there are no covid restrictions regarding the tours.
Additional information about tours.
- You should plan on about an hour and a half for your visit. Guests should dress for the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Photographs are welcome. However, we kindly request that you do not record/video staff members without their permission.
- LIGO's Science Saturday is suitable for all ages.
- Visitors do not require any special badging to visit LIGO, but you do need to register.
- LIGO’s facilities are wheelchair accessible, though you will encounter a slope during the site tour itself.
- Tickets are now available for tours at specific times, or for exhibit hall only admission.
What will I see?
During your visit you will have a chance to explore many interactive exhibits housed in LIGO's Science Education Center (LIGO SEC). You will also visit be able to see artifacts from the detector as well as a view of the interferometer's 4km-long arms reaching into the loblolly pine forest. Questions are particularly welcome on the tour.
Upcoming Science Saturdays
October 7th, Optical October
December 2nd, Holiday Science