LIGO Livingston Laboratory is located roughly an hour and a half from New Orleans, and about forty minutes from Baton Rouge. Below we've hightlighted some local attractions new visitors to the area might enjoy but a complete listing of all that our area has to offer can be found on the Louisiana Travel website.
- Tour a Swamp in Hammond or use a boat to tour a swamp near New Orleans
- Visit a Plantation
- Enjoy the Global Wildlife Center
- Play Golf at Carter Plantation
- Hike at Tickfaw State Park
- Explore a local Vineyard or a local brewery, Abita Brewery or Tin Roof Brewing