Caltech GDPR Policy
Caltech GDPR Policy
Individuals Located in the European Economic Area
Some of the Personal Information we process about you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area. This happens, for example, where outside the European Economic Area, Personal Information is being processed by our staff, by one of our vendors, by one who works for us or our vendors, or is being stored in storage facilities. In these circumstances, your Personal Information will only be transferred on one of the following bases:
- Where you have provided explicit consent for the transfer
- Where the transfer is occasional and necessary in relation to a contract or a legal claim
- Where the transfer is made on the basis of an adequacy decision
- Where the transfer is subject to one or more appropriate safeguards for international transfers prescribed by applicable law, and
- Where the transfer is necessary for the execution of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
Employees and job applicants located in the European Economic Area are provided with the following rights:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- The right to access your personal data
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances
- The right to rectify any of your personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to request the deletion of your personal data
- The right to restrict or limit the ways in which we process your personal data
- The right to transfer or obtain a copy of your personal data in an easily accessible format
- The right to withdraw consent
- The right to withhold consent to automated individual decision-making processes, and
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute. Caltech may be entitled to refuse requests where certain exceptions apply. Even where you have exercised one of the rights listed above with respect to your Personal Information, we may have the right to retain your Personal Information for various purposes, including compliance with a legal obligations, for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, for archiving purposes in the public interest, for scientific or historical research purposes, for statistical purposes, or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
To submit a request, please send an email message to email@example.com.