Whether you're a K-12 educator, a parent, or an interested student, you should browse our education web pages. There's something fun and educational here for everyone.
- Classroom Activities - All sorts of activities you can bring to your classroom that concentrate on LIGO, or concepts related to LIGO (such as, waves).
- Field Trips - Want to take a school field trip to LIGO?Click on this link to book a field trip to one of our two observatories.
- Try This at Home - Here are some LIGO related activities you can try at home!
- Ask a LIGO-ite - Do you have a question that's not answered anywhere else on our site? Click here to ask a question of a real LIGO scientist!
- Bring LIGO to Your Classroom - If you can't bring your class to LIGO, then we may be able to bring a LIGO educator to you. Click here to learn more.
- Teacher Professional Development - Visit this page to learn about the teacher professional development programs offered through each of our two observatories.
- Recommended Reading and Video - Some of our favorite resources related to the science behind LIGO.
- Detection Education Resources - Education materials related to the detection of gravitational waves by LIGO:
- Detection science summaries: Short overviews of LIGO detections tailored to a casual reader:
- LIGO Educator's Guide (a 24-page introductory guide to LIGO and gravitational waves, with 2 simple activities suitable for classroom use).