Visit the MIT LIGO Group
185 Albany Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
(+1) 617 253 4824 (Phone)
(+1) 617 253 7014 (Fax)
If you are planning a visit please contact:
Visiting LIGO at MIT
- Building doors are always locked in both buildings. Enter through the south door (on Albany Str) of NW17 by following posted instructions.
- A clickable map of the campus is available above
- Parking at LIGO-MIT is by permit only. There is metered parking on the street in front. Two hours limit is enforced. If you need an MIT daily parking permit contact Marie Woods (617-253-4824).
- If you are arriving from Boston's airport, take the airport shuttle bus to the MBTA (see the subway map). Take the blue line (inbound). Exit to Government Center and either walk to the red line or take the green line (one stop) to the Park Street stop. On Park street stop take the red line (outbound). Exit on Kendall Square/MIT stop. It is a 10-min walk from there to the LIGO-MIT building.
- The nearest "T" stops to LIGO-MIT are:
- Kendall Square/MIT stop on the red line. You will need to walk for 10 minutes from the "T" stop to the LIGO-MIT building.
- Hynes Convention Center/I.C.A. stop on the green line. You will need to walk for 15 minutes on the MIT bridge over Charles River or take bus #1 that stops right outside the "T" exit (on Massachusetts Ave). Ask the driver for the Albany Street stop.