Minute of the End to End
model meeting on May 18th, 1999
of the presentations on May 17
On the second day of the End to End model simulation
meeting, the schedule of the PSL and IOO subsystem development
schedule were discussed.
- Subsystem development will be focused to
make its inputs and outputs function correctly with minimal ingredients,
and details of the subsystems will be included later.
- The architecture design (designing the arrangement
of e2e components to simulate the subsystem) of PSL is completed,
and IOO architecture design will be completed by June 2.
- All necessary parameters will be gathered
by the week of June 14.
- The shakedown (make sure subsystem simulation
runs) will be completed by the week of June 21.
- The validation, individual and combined,
will start from July 1.
- At the end of June, Hiro and Sergei will
go to Hanford and work together to connect "PSL" and
- The two subsystems with minimal ingredients
will be completed by August.
The resources and activities for the subsystem
development until the end of July are discussed and followings
- Rick will work 1/2~1/3 of his time for
- Biplab will work 1/3~1/2 of his time for
- Hiro will work 2weeks.
- Sergei will work 1/2 of his time for IOO.
- Malik will help Sergei to implement the
control system of IOO.
Other near term activities are
- Hiro will work with Soumya and Mark to
build mechanical system, which will be used in IOO and COC.
- Bill Kells will build COC related part of
e2e, after recycling mirror with a very simplified laser source
model. Later, the source will be replaced by PSL/IOO models.
He cannot predict how much time he can work on this.
- Biplab and Matt will work to improve the
optics/field implementation - see below.
There was a discussion about the implementation
of the e2e primitive mirrors. Now, there are two architectures
are used in implementing mirrors, one used in ioo subsystem and
the other in all the rest. It is desirable to have one universal
architecture to implement mirrors in the entire e2e framework.
Also discussed was a stream-lined architecture of the optics system
based on the experience of the past work. It is proposed that
this new stream-lined architecture will be used to implement mirrors
for the entire LIGO system - it will take about 1-2 months - and
if it turns out that this implementation cannot handle the physics
for ioo, a hybrid model will be adopted.